Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving is here and I feel there is so much to be grateful for! But first, I'm going to take a moment for reflection.

In my journey to find good health and happiness, I've also learned that how I feel is just as important as anything else. PCOS will often cause or exacerbate symptoms of depression and anxiety, and I've struggled with both conditions (and probably PCOS) throughout my late teens and my twenties. Getting my PCOS diagnosis and treatment from my endocrinologist was the best thing to ever happen to me - and now The No Fun Food Life and renewed fitness attempts have also made me feel better.

I started the day reading this article called "How to Become More Grateful in 5 Minutes or Less" by this website called Retrofit, and there are some helpful little tidbits in there that can help all of us keep the Thanksgiving spirit going year round. Even when life gets tough, I still try to focus on the positive and pay homage to all the things I can always be grateful for... positivity attracts positivity!

An unexpected surprise on this day of gratitude was waiting in my mailbox today: a super cute Manatee Tea Infuser (a manatea, how cute is that?!?) and a packet of chocolate "pop rocks" by Chuao!! This uplifting suprise was sent from the same friend who is doing the 30 Day Yoga Challenge with me - I am so happy and thankful!

Lately, I've been thinking of improving my morning routine. Instead of gulping down soy/almond milk and eating an apple on the hurried drive to work, I want to slow down and leisurely enjoy a nice cup of tea with actual breakfast. If such a cheerful & inviting manatee is waiting for me every morning, how can I say no? Perfect!!

Thanksgiving 2014... I have a beautiful roof over my head, delicious food on the table everyday, loving people to answer my phone calls & texts, meaningful work to do each day, the luxury of splurging on travels/meals/experiences with my fave peeps, and a lifetime of bright adventures ahead.

Thank you, everyone! Thank you, 2014!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for having an awesome friend like you! :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay, what a wonderful positive attitude!! And yes, that is just as important as all the other health changes you are making. Good for you! We can't control what happens in life, but we can control how we react.

    I'm go glad you like the Manatea diffuser. hehe. I thought it was super adorable and made me think of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are definitely on my roster of people I am thankful for in my life... thanks for all the support! :)

    ReplyDelete