Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Scale the Strat 2015

So... it took me a long time to finally blog this... but here I am! On Sunday, March 1st - I attained one of my greatest physical accomplishments to date! I Scaled the Strat! I took 1,455 steps very, very slowly and steadily all the way to the 108th floor of the Stratosphere tower. It felt like quite the triumph when I reached the top!!! Woohoo!

It was daunting and I didn't train as rigorously for it as I should have. However, I was proud of myself for even signing up... I think it took a certain amount of self belief and a spot of courage to take that on knowing I am nowhere near the peak of physical health, lol. I have really great friends who supported me, helped me fundraise for the American Lung Association (the charity for this event) and even two friends who participated with me! It was a great feeling knowing there would be high fives and selfies at the top! :)

My hometown friend who Scaled the Strat with me stayed for the whole weekend and we definitely treated it like a vacation/staycation for both of us. Hee hee! We ate lots of food, relaxed and watched tv together - thanks for indulging in real life crime shows with me, and enjoyed a hard earned pedicure.

I can honestly say that I will do this again! My time this year was 34 minutes 53 seconds... now that I know what to expect, I think I can be more mentally prepared for it. I'm going to improve my physical condition for the next 11 months and try to beat my time. YEAH!!!! #beastmode #cantstopwontstop

PS - THANK YOU to everyone who supported me with donations to the American Lung Association. Your belief in me was like wind beneath my wings. ;)

5 comments:

  1. You did great!! I'm so glad I decided to do it with you. It was a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend! hehe. Until next year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You did way better... 20 minutes! We're going to kill it next year! Is this going to become our annual thing??? :) OH!!! And we'll join/form a team! :)

      Delete
    2. OMG, we could TOTALLY make this an annual event... let's remember this conversation at the end of the year. heheh.

      Delete
  2. You guys did great!!! I was thinking maybe I'll try it next year with you guys but I hate climbing stairs haha. But I guess I have 11 months to get over it, get it, get over the stairs...? OK bad joke haha. But yea, what an accomplishment!! Good for you for challenging yourself and completely what seemed so daunting! I'm very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally join us next year! You have a 3 story house, you're probably the best off out of all three of us. Hahaha... seriously though, it SEEMS way harder than it really is. And now you'll have 2 veterans showing you the ropes! ;) So, come out next year, we'll Scale the Strat and then play pickleball. hee hee hee

      Delete