Thursday, March 12, 2015

What The Heck Is Pickleball?

I never heard of Pickleball until earlier this month... and now I'm totally in love with the game. It's basically a mixture of tennis, badminton (court size is the same as a badminton doubles court), and ping-pong... and you play with a paddle and wiffle ball.

Well, a couple of my teammates were trying out for the company pickleball team for Corporate Challenge, so I decided to join them. I figured that I knew how to play tennis and I used to play varsity badminton in high school... why not just try?!

It was amazing! I must admit that my work life had been in sort of a slump and dragging myself out of the house had become a chore. However, with the early morning picklball practice in our courtyard - I felt the zest come back! It felt so incredible to start the day off with some mentally challenging and physically engaging fun! Get that heart pumping, yeah! I gotta admit that after three days straight of early morning practice, I felt it all over. *groan* I also threw in a day of racquetball so my right arm/elbow/shoulder were so sore... lots of icing and Biofreeze. Even my ankles hurt!!! LOL... I don't think I've put them to so much work with sudden stops and turns in like a decade!

I didn't make the official mixed doubles team or the backup, but I loved cheering on the team on the day of the tournament. It was so awesome to be out there and feel the camaraderie in the air!

There are some plans in the making to continue practice throughout the year... and I really, really hope the plans come to fruition. I seriously love, love, love piiiiickleball! I just got the email this morning regarding badminton practice and tryouts. I'll definitely be trying out!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found an activity that gets you excited and your heart pumping!! hehe. I hope the year round practices are coming to fruition! A fun activity like that in the AM would motivate me to come into work early too haha. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no better way to start your day than with some exhilarating fun! Pickleball sounds so intense but sounds fun, lets try it sometime!!! Good job for being adventurous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you guys would both really like pickleball!! Now that I know what it is and where the courts are, we can go play next time you guys come out to visit! It'll be so much fun. I have badminton practice/tryouts tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete