Wednesday, January 14, 2015

SoCal Vacation - Part One

Very first stop after a 4 hour drive... my parents' house! My mom made me a homemade feast for lunch and it was so good! She went through the trouble of steaming extra fluffy brown rice w the little husks still intact... there's a special name for it, but I forgot. So I had about 3/4 cup of that with all the other veggie goodies. My parents are mo stay vegetarian. And, of course, slow boiled soup... the broth was soooo good.

After sitting and chatting a bit, I drove on! Went to LA to visit my cousin... and we headed over to Cerritos. We went to 86 Degrees, a super amazing Asian bakery. I bought an Egg Tart, Milk Pudding bun, and a Ham & Cheese bun. I ate the Egg Tart after enjoying Korean BBQ in the additional company of my best friend & her hubby. I also ate some mac salad at dinner and lots of 'rice paper'... which is like big flat noodles, and drank a couple glasses of Hite beer, I'm on vacation! LOL

I ate the Ham & Cheese bun this morning, and now I'm headed off for another funfilled day of adventure!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment