Monday, January 12, 2015

Travel Snacks

Today is the beginning of the two week vacation! Two whole weeks!!!

Tomorrow, I will be driving down to LA to visit my cousin and we'll be eating dinner with my best friend... and that's just the beginning! It's so exciting to know I'll be spending so much time seeing my fave people, visiting my fave places, and eating my fave foods... and it all starts when I wake up tomorrow! Woohoo!!

I feel like I'm heading into this vacation with a head start on health. I got on the scale for the first time since Thanksgiving... ready to face the brutal truth and expecting the worst... and I didn't gain any Holiday pounds! Omg, that never happens - it's unbelievable! LOL

So, I've made myself a little No Fun Food Life friendly travel pack... Pistachio nuts, trail mix w. peanuts/almonds/cashews/cranberries, and a couple of Nature Valley crunch bars. The gluten-free Nature Valley Peanut Crunch bars have the lowest carbs & sugar content out of all the boxes I looked at in the grocery store... I seriously spent about 15 minutes in that aisle. There are 13g Total Carbs and 6g Sugar in each bar... I normally wouldn't eat these, but no harm in packing them in case I get a little tired driving or just need the extra boost in blood sugar.

I already know I'm stopping by Whole Foods to get my mom this hand cream she likes and I'll grab a bottle of Kevita/Kombucha for the first leg of the drive. Then, I usually stop by the Starbucks in Bakersfield to get a Venti Iced Green Tea. Yup... everything's planned.

I'm going to try and be as good as I can this vacation, but I already know I'm going to eat some delicious Korean barbeque, dumplings, pho, my mom's home cooking, and then one solid week of my mother-in-law's home cooking.

Don't worry though, I've already planned 2 hikes and will wear my Fitbit to make sure my exertion level can keep up with my consumption level... hehe. ;P

3 comments:

  1. Nice job planning! Your jam packed vacation sounds pretty awesome!! Have lots of fun, and I'm excited to see you. Woohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Where you going hiking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you soon, Cynthia!!!! :)

    B - I'm going hiking today in Malibu and this Sunday morning in Dana Point! :)

    ReplyDelete