Friday, January 16, 2015

SoCal Vacation _ Part Two

I ate the delicious Ham & Cheese bun for breakfast, yum! Then, my cousin and I headed out to LAX to pick up a friend from the airport and ate delicious Korean dumplings and I had a really amazing Royal Milk Tea afterwards. No regrets! Especially since we walked The Strand from Venice Beach to Santa Monica... I don't know the actual distance we walked, but we were there for almost 2 hours. My Fitbit hit 10,000 steps before we reached the end of the trek, but when I went to sync it with my app, it only tracked like 164 steps... Arg!

After our epic walk, we went to Tender Greens in Marina Del Rey to enjoy a light and healthy dinner. I ordered the Chicken Cobb Salad and she had the Tuna Nicoise... let me tell you... if you've never eaten at a Tender Greens before, you need to make your way over to one. Pronto! Hands down, the best salad I may have ever eaten in my entire life. We went back to her place and had a nice relaxing evening. I started watching a series called Resurrection on Hulu, and now I'm completely hooked. I spent the night watching this riveting show, drank hot Raspberry Leaf Tea, and munched on a banana & train mix.

Thursday
I awoke and ate that Milk Pudding bun... then I ate a piece of my cousin's Red Bean & Mochi bun... and at that time I felt a little unsettled. I think the sugar & carbs hit me a little too fast first thing in the morning. I take my Metformin after breakfast, so maybe that contributed a bit. We met my parents for lunch... I didn't keep track of what I ate, but there were definitely rice cakes, steamed pork buns, and Shanghai noodles involved. I didn't feel too bad about it - it was a great meal with my family. Afterwards, I had a Chai Tea Latte while chatting with my cousin. It was way sweeter than I anticipated... and it did make me feel a bit guilty. First tally of vacation woe - meh.

I left to meet up with a friend from my hometown for a long stroll around a park that she regularly runs at. We did some of the course exercises that are displayed on the signs around the track for a warm up, and then walked and talked for 3 laps. I'm not sure how far we walked, but the sun had set by that time and we headed to dinner. Second tally of vacation woe - we ate pho (Vietnamese noodles)... they're rice noodles and I'm sure SUPER high in carbs. Funny enough, I feel nothing about the egg rolls... lol. And then, I had a Jasmine Milk Tea with half sugar/half boba for dessert as we chatted into the evening.

Friday
I slept in this morning, and raided my parents' fridge for breakfast. I did well and just ate leftover veggies with a bowl of my mom's homemade papaya soup. Soooooo good! I just relaxed, watched TV, talked to my best friend on the phone for almost 2 hours. It was such a peaceful and relaxing day. I hung out with my parents when they came home and we had dinner together. Another great home-cooked meal that totally fit into The No Fun Food Life. Yay!

And now... I'm watching Resurrection, haha.... and about to head to bed so I can get up early to go visit my friend in San Diego tomorrow morning!!! So awesome! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying your vacation Zister!! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geenah! I just realized I never replied to your comment... thanks and I missed you on my vacation too. Good job on your 5K this morning! *whistle whistle - yaw!*

    Just wanted to post a follow-up comment on this post... about my disappointment that Resurrection was canceled after 2 seasons. I found out midway through watching all the episodes, and it sucked to watch it end. I thought it was such a good show... I wish I could've seen it develop the story longer. :(

    ReplyDelete